Powered by Blogger.

Social Icons

Union Jack, British Craze And RIMMEL Glam'eyes HD Eyeshadow Creamy Powder Quad In "Heart Of Gold"

By 7/10/2013 02:10:00 pm ,

Sorry for the sticker residue, it really  gets on my nerves
Let me tell you the story why I got this eye shadow palette: I'm a fan of British books (i.e classic books of Jane Austen's and the like), their adaptation into movies which move me so much (I almost cried as watching "Jane Eyre" even though it wasn't as good as the book itself) and British actors / actresses (you can count on me for being a Tom Hiddleston's fangirl). Hence I have quite a big love for Britain, it has something so majestic in my mind. My dream is to work for Illamasqua in London downtown FYI :)

Also, I was crawling towards bright colours for eye shadows, but I soon got bored, so a good basic palette was a must-have. Using various shades of browns and golds can easily create looks that are appropriate for all occasions (if you pair them with an coordinate lip colour) so yeah, maybe that was time to be back to basics.
Rimmel's first creamy powder eyeshadow with velvet-HD technology creates colour that looks perfect under any light. Prismatic pigments catch light at multiple angles, reflecting the ideal colour for the light you are in. Glam’Eyes and gorgeous – now’s the time to start having fun with your eyes. Rimmel have made eyeshadow more exciting with their powerful silken powder formula that glides onto eyes smoothly and blends effortlessly. Your perfect shade will last as long as you can, neither creasing nor fading, making it the perfect long-wear eyeshadow.
PRICE: $5.79 for 2.5 g of product.
PACKAGING: This is what tempted me the most: the Union Jack shaped eye shadow sections, how nice it is! I also find that the black plastic strips that keep the different colours from melting into each other is a nice idea.
However, I was surprised at how tiny this palette is, approximately 4-5 x 4-5 cm and is pretty flimsy. I accidentally dropped it on the floor from the height of only one mettre and cap completely broke :( This create such a huge downside: apart from the middle brown cross-shaped colours, the three other sections are relatively small which makes it hard to swipe a fluffy brush on. Sure such tiny palette is so convenient for travelling and for popping into any makeup bag, I wish they made it bigger so that I could grab every single colour carelessly and effortlessly.  And OMG! I've just noticed that this palette's number is 007, what a bumper! :) I don't particularly like 007 movies though, for me they're utterly boring. However I kinda adore their soundtracks especially Madonna's Die Another Day, Chris Cornell's You Know My Name (this song is really really a shot) and Adele's Skyfall. That's the only feature that keeps my excitement strong.

 COLOURS AND FINISHES:



(1) Is a light golden yellow colour, perfect for inner corner highlighting. This is the most exciting colour that kinda entreated me to get the quad.

(2) Is the deepest colour among the four. It's a nice deep brown that can be used to deepen the outer V of the lids + creases.

(3) Is a light peachy colour. I mainly use it in conjunction with (1) to brighten my eye makeup and spread it on the first 1/3 of my inner lids.

(4) Is a medium golden brown for all over the lids.

From left to right: 1 - 3 - 4 - 2 (I tend to swatch from the lightest shade to darkest)



All four colours are shimmery, but not too overly sparkly. As claimed by the company, the formula is buttery soft and silky without creating any fall-out (as least for me as I always tap off the excess) and blends easily. Creamy powder (what?), know what I'm saying? :)

These create a beautiful neutral but interesting look (thanks to the yellow) and swatch nicely. I can't quite get why they market it as "HD eye shadow" though, what can be so HD about it? Maybe it gives your eyelids a HD appearance - Photoshop in real life? But for me only foundations and powders can be tolerably classified as HD.

The only downfall is, again, how small the compact is. As you can see, all colours except the one in the largest section swatch a bit weakly due to the difficulty in picking up the product. Apart from that, this is a nice palette that is appropriate for both everyday and for special glamourous occasions.

Oh, and Rimmel does provide a wide selection too!


You Might Also Like

0 comments