Powered by Blogger.

Social Icons

My Heart Falls For The Makeup Academy MUA Mosaic Blusher In "English Rose"!

By 7/15/2013 10:14:00 am ,

Front packaging

Have you ever been in a desperate journey to find a blusher that not only compliments your features but also is a joy to look at? Well, I have, and I've already found that little gem. In case you don't know yet, I'm in love with things that both function well and are pleasant to the eyes.

This nice little blusher compact is truly a gem that can work however you want it to. Let's take a look :)
PACKAGING: 

Comes in a slim round black plastic compact with a clear cap. Even though it's made of plastic, I do find that it's quite sturdy and durable, unless you intend to destroy it ("You little blusher destroyer you're so gonna suffer!" - well, I created a rhyme didn't I? I've always known that I'm such a poet... in a shameful way). Its diameter is approx. 5-6 cm and thickness 1-1.5 cm, which makes it very comfortable to carry around.

However I do find a variation among the blush compacts as this one is very easy to open and snap close, but the other one that I have is one hell to open, which explains why it now sits motionlessly and lonely in my makeup stash. I in no way want to destroy my carefully painted nails.

Also the silver printing comes of very easily, so be prepared that in no time you'll no idea what the manufacturer is (unless you have a limited quantity of vanity stuff. Me I've no problem as I have a pretty elephant memory. By the way, what does an elephant need to memorise??)

PRICE: £2.50 for 8.9g of product.

AVAILABILITY: HERE, which is the only place for now that I can see these being sold.
Back packaging + Ingredients list


Under direct sunlight
WHAT THE COMPANY CLAIMS:

"Wow! Our hero face product, the Mosaic Blusher, combines four gorgeous shades that when swirled together create the perfect natural blush shade. Grab a blush brush and swirl around the compact so all the colours blend together and then simply apply to the apples of the cheekbones. Use a small amount for a natural look or build up for a more dramatic contoured look. The reason why there are so many colours in one blush is to build up a better colour palette of pigmentation! All skin tones take different colours more prominently and by using them all in one go, it will adapt to suit your skin tone. This will look totally different on you and your BFF!"



As you can very well see, it contains five different shades (seriously, MUA, you gotta count the shades carefully, or fire the typer) variate from very light peach to medium and deeper rose and even a lilac. All five have a shimmery finish, but shade (1) and (5) are a tad more shimmery with quite more chunky shimmer particles whereas other shades are not.


(1) A very light peachy pink shade with the most chunky glitter particles.
(2) The deepest reddish rose shade.
(3) A light peach shade.
(4) A deeper dusty pinky peach shade.
(5) A light lilac with a more glittery shimmery finish than other shades (except for shade 1)



I'm not so sure if what the company claims is right or not, but for me personally, I like this product for its versatility. You can swirl all the colours together to get a light rosy pink with a subtle lilac flash or dip the brush on whatever section you'd want to get the colours from.

Me, I usually divide this blusher compact into four sections to get different finishes:

Clockwise from shade (2):
a. The deepest pink section with light shimmer 
b. A more dusty peachy rose with dominant lilac sheen and peach shimmer
c. Same as (b) but without lilac.
d. A mixture of everything with dominant peach shimmer

Overall this is a nice little compact that is nice to the eyes and works pretty nicely. I find this give a subtle lilac-rose colour to the cheeks which will looks absolutely gorgeous on lighter complexion. For deeper skin tones it might be a little too light but can still function as a pink highlighter shade. I just wish it contained less shimmer as for my taste it's a bit too much and too flashy. However for the price it's a nice purchase that will last a long time and is quite a joy to collect and keep for beauty-junkies like me :) Like, seriously, who can say no to such cute compact?

I hope you've had some fun with my post and find it helpful. Until next time!

You Might Also Like

2 comments