Powered by Blogger.

Social Icons

Olay Natural White All In One Fairness Day Cream - Rich Formula Review

By 9/18/2013 01:38:00 pm ,






To continue on my review on the Olay Natural White creams, today I present you the Olay All In One Fairness Day Cream in "Rich" formula. Previously I wrote about their Night Creams (Light and Rich formula) and Day Cream in Light formula, so why not complete the collection?
I've been using this baby for awhile now, hence I'm confident enough to share my thoughts on it. I believe it's exclusively available in Asia? I'm not so sure about it though, so don't quote me on that. In my mind Olay is still kinda a brand for more mature skin types as my mother used to use their Total Effects 7-in-1 Anti Aging Cream. However, since I've been using this series of skincare for almost a year now and have grown comfortable with it, I decided to move on and try this formula.

INGREDIENTS: Water, Glycerin, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Niacinamide, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Isopropyl Isostearate, Isohexadecane, Octocrylene, Phenylbenzimidazole Sulfonic Acid, Polyethylene, Triethanolamine, Stearyl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cetyl Alcohol, Behenyl Alcohol, Sucrose Polycottonseedate, Polysorbate 60, Carbomer, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Methylparaben, PEG-100 Stearate, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Stearic Acid, Linalool, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Ammonium Polyacrylate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Milk Lipids, Morus Alba Root Extract, Coix Lacryma-Jobi Ma-Yuen Seed Extract, Ceramide 3, CI 77891, CI 19140. 


As you can see, the cream has a very pale yellow colour to it and has a lighter pleasant scent than any other of this skincare series.

Left: Day Cream in Rich formula, right: Night Cream in Rich formula

Left: Day Cream in Rich formula, right: Night Cream in Rich formula, lightly blended out

One noticeable feature of this cream is that regardless it's a day cream, it has a very thick formula. This I find unusual as it's even thicker than the Night Cream in Thick formula: normally night cream should be thicker than day cream. Due to being so thick it requires a little more effort in blending it into the skin than normal products (like the pictures above suggest). My personal experience is that: unlike the Light formula which is very light weight, dries quite matte and has a slight white tint, this particular one is extremely rich and gives a slight greasy touch to the skin. The moisturising property is worth noticing and it keeps my skin feeling smooth and moisturized (for sure!) for the whole day. I don't think this can be used as a normal moisturizer beneath your makeup as mentioned above: it can make the skin look oily.

All in all I'm please which the thick formula (quite a nice experience), SPF 24 and the moisture it gives. I'm not sure if it will eventually lighten my skin and spots but for the most part it makes my skin soft and smooth, which is enough for me. I just wish it was less greasy looking though, maybe it's more wintertime appropriate but again we don't have winter here so, yeah, deal with it :)

So, to sum up, below are the main features of this product:

  • Very thick formula
  • Requires extra blending
  • Very moisturizing, makes the skin soft, smooth and well nourished
  • Has SPF 24
  • A little greasy looking (especially on oily skin type)

I hope you find this review helpful. Until next time!


You Might Also Like

0 comments