Powered by Blogger.

Social Icons

Rosebud Perfume Co. Smith's Rosebud Salve Lip Balm Review

By 6/26/2013 10:18:00 am ,


Here comes my most favorite lip balm at the moment, the Rosebud Perfume Co. Smith's Rosebud Salve. I do believe this is the original formula as there are more "versions" of this lip balm: Strawberry, Mocha Rose, Minted Rose, Menthol And Eucalyptus, and Crambleberry Rose 

I am a sucker for all kinds of lip balm, especially things that contain the word "Rose" and come in a tin packaging. Oh, that explains I kinda like watching Iron Man too, even though his suit is not made of tin, but whatever. For me he's kinda like some kind of human canned food. I don't think I'd bother heat him up and eat his flesh though, too much hair and beard *am-I-a-freak?*. Sometimes I improvise the scene in Avengers when Thor directs all lightning to Iron Man, how would it smell? Would it be like some kind of microwave or barbecue? :)

So, right, I am a sucker for lip balms and have tried quite a few, however this is quite the most expensive purchase I've ever made on a small pot of lip balm. 

PACKAGING:

I looove this packaging and can be tossed into any [makeup] bag. It has some nostalgic property to it. I have never met my grandmas as they both had passed away before I was born, but I could imagine them using these, and in fact as I remember, my aunts (who are quite old now by the way) used to apply this on their lips. I guess this nostalgia lured me into buying this. Also, it has been around for quite a long time which is a huge plus, as described on Drugstore.com:
First Prepared by a Druggist in 1892 - New Package Adopted in 1962
A Reliable Family Salve
Since 1895, this world-famous salve has been lauded by fashion magazines, make-up artists, and celebrities as their number one preferred lip balm. In addition to being a wonderful lip moisturizer, natural-looking lip gloss and lipstick base, it is still a family favorite to aid in the relief of chapped and dry skin, blemishes, diaper rash, and detergent burns.
This is the original and only Rosebud Salve.
Tins made in Baltimore, Maryland USA
Salve made in Joppa, Maryland USA
The front packaging

The back packaging + company's description
Overall packaging
PRICE: $5.59 on Drugstore.com for 0.8oz / 22g of product. This will surely last a long time.

AVAILABILITY: on any drugstores and the complete list of distributors on their website HERE

INGREDIENTS: Cotton Seed Oil and Aromol, with essential oils blended in a special petrolatum base.

USAGES (According to company's instructions):
Cosmetic Uses: Outline lips with lip liner of your choice about ¼ inches from the outside of your lips toward the center. Then use a lip brush to blend the salve to achieve a “pouty look”.
Use Rosebud Salve alone or over your favorite hue of lipstick to moisturize and give a “dewy effect”.
Apply Rosebud Salve to eyebrows to tame an unruly brow line while also giving sheen.
Rosebud Salve is great on fly-away or frizzy hair. Dab a small amount on the palms of your hands and apply sparingly to tresses.
Use Rosebud Salve as a subtle accent to cheek bones, collar bones, shoulders, or any other body part that you want to moisturize or enhance.
Apply Rosebud Salve lightly to the skin above the eye as a base for powered eye shadow, and then add the desired colors you wish to dazzle your eyes with. The rich emollient properties of the Salve will help to hold that look all day.

All Purpose Uses: Rosebud Salve is perfect for travel as an eye make-up remover, cuticle softener, sunburn easer, dry skin healer, and frizzy fighter. Use Rosebud Salve around the eyes and on the throat for severely parched, dry, or wrinkled
SMELL: it has a powdery rose scent to it, quite enjoyable. Everything powdery smelling are likely marked as grandma smell, but I'm fine with it. In fact, the more vintage the packaging is + the product smells, the better (just like my beloved Coty Airspun Loose Powder, full review here).

IMPRESSION: the light pink product gives an extremely smooth and moisturizing feeling, however as opaque as it appears, the product will not leave a beautiful pinky tint to your lips, which is fine. As described, it's a multipurpose salve but I do find its best usage is to moisturize your lips. It does pamper my lips for a good couple of hours.

OVERALL: I LOVE THIS! It's the perfect product for me: the vintage packaging, the rich long history behind it, the scent and the effectiveness. I'm gonna get more of this lovely product *gotta-catch-them-all* and make every day of my entire life a joy.

You Might Also Like

0 comments