Powered by Blogger.

Social Icons

Makeup Academy MUA - Bronzed Perfection Review

By 6/30/2013 06:16:00 pm ,

Front packaging

Today is the first glorious day of... BRONZERS!!!

In fact, I just started wearing bronzers several months ago and the first one I got was Physicians Formula's Shimmer Strips Custom Bronzer, Blush & Eyeshadow and it was a horrible idea, plus the price tag wasn't that great (I find Physicians Formula's products have the higher price point than regular "drugstore" brands). It was way too shimmery to be used as a bronzer, but for the other two purposes it was fine enough. 
Maybe for my typical Asian skintone, it's not an absolute neccessity but for me I like dusting a little on the hollow of my cheeks to bring then out as I don't at all have those supermodel's cheekbones is a must. I just have to remember not to overuse it or I will look totally muddy and dirty and it won't be a good sight.

Bronzers do make a difference even though it's quite just subtle. Maybe after all the only reason I use them is to make me feel comfortable about myself? I do apply makeup my own way without any standards, but as I said in my About Me page, I believe and follow contemporary idea of beauty.

Have I been just rambling way too much? So here comes this gigantic bronzer from Makeup Academy MUA - a drugstore (or high street) UK brand which offers affordable products with quite a nice quality.

PACKAGING: 
Comes in a round basic black compact, quite sturdy but I must notice not to drop it on the floor. I must say it's a huuuuge compact, so maybe keeping it in your makeup bag will take a lot of space. Compared to a regular Revlon lipstick (which is approx. 5cm long) it's possibly the biggest bronzer I've ever had or seen or heard about except the Tom Ford Bronzing Powder in Terra, $95.00 (oh my goodness!!!) on Neiman Marcus. Why on earth should we spend so much money on a single product while there are tons of great alternatives?

PRICE: £3.00 for 15g of product. 
This will last forever I'm sure as I don't color my whole face with bronzing powder, do I? I really really hate girls dusting too much bronzer all over their faces, look like a burnt chocolate pie which I don't dare to taste (who the hell will? except if grandma bakes it, you shouldn't decline grandma's recipe - what a sick joke, I wish I could see mine just once).
The packaging compared to a Revlon lipstick
COMPANY'S DESCRIPTION AND INGREDIENTS:

Bronzed Perfection is lightly frosted, tinted powder that gives skin sheer, natural colour effects and highlights. Ideal for enhancing skin tones or to accent or strengthen a tan and is perfect for sculpting your face to perfection! Formulated to provide a smooth, even application on all skin types.

Back packaging - Click on the photo for zoomed in Ingredients list
The product

AVAILABILITY:
So far as I know it's only available on their WEBSITE but they do ship internationally so there's no stopping you from purchasing it. The shipping cost is flat rate so it may be a good idea to place an order together with your friends to save a bit on shipping. Plus keep an eye on their Facebook page, they kinda have promotions going on all the time! I can remember on January they had 50% off everything + free worldwide delivery and everyone lost their mind :)

The product itself has a nice engraving on the surface and I love this idea. It makes the bronzer not quite boring looking (baked chocolate powder, yeah! Let me tell you the my childhood memory of the rare precious treat of eating Milo (kinda like Ovaltine) powder instead of mixing it with hot water like others do. Now I do want to taste this bronzer, but hell no, it doesn't smell like Bourjois' Chocolate Bronzer or Two Faced's Chocolate Soleil Matte Bornzer - OMG chocolate sun? yes please!). This one doesn't have a distinct scent to it, it's a very faint forgettable regular cosmetics scent.

This MUA bronzer is soft but not at all chalky. Actually it's not totally matte, you can see a tiny bit shimmer in it but once you place it on the skin the shimmer becomes absolutely unprominent. It may appear quite light in the conpact which means for ligher skintones it will work nicely (with a light-handed application), also very buildable so you can use it to bronzer the face up and to scupt the cheekbones, nose and jawline as well. I normally just dust a little bit on the top of my forehead, the hollow of my cheeks, a bit on the sides of my nose and neck as my body's skin is a bit lighter than my face.

I have been using it nonstop lately as I kinda like how big it is on my hand ("the future's on your hand" - oh, then I have quite a lot of futures but why am I not a cat? Somebody explains me!!! just kidding), the engraving and how it looks on me. Will definitely keep using it but I've no idea when I will get bored :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments