Powered by Blogger.

Social Icons

Rant #1 - NIVEA Fruity Shine Lip Balm in Strawberry

By 6/20/2013 03:34:00 pm

So I am here in my office being so cold thanks to the damn air-conditioner, any help? No you can't have it, cuz this is an office, not your own home *sigh*

Anyway, STARTING A BLOG IS HARD! I've no idea how other beauty bloggers can have such beautiful blogs with templates, banner, social media buttons, separate archives and sections etc. I just have no idea. I started this blog awhile back (aka 6-7 months ago) while I was going to have my final exams. You just have so many random priorities during finals. I know that feel, bro. Anyway, as now school is almost over, I guess I will dedicate my free time on reviewing random things that I'm obsessed with or ranting.

Back to topic, today it's about the Nivea Fruity Shine Lip balm in Strawberry.

I have had it for awhile already for around $2.50. I'm not sure if they're still available as it was launch awhile back, but you can easily get Nivea in any Drugstore / Walgreens / CVS or your local makeup shops. Actually at first I bought my mother the same one and me just the original Nivea lip balm with light blue packaging (and it was good! I should repurchase it some day *lippie-addict-problem*), then I couldn't resist the temptation so I got myself one, too.

This comes in a nice little red tube (no, just NO, no implication here). The product itself has some nice shimmer in it, and has a pleasant strawberry smell (what would you expect a strawberry lippie to smell like, some straw??) which adds up to the already mentioned temptation. When applied to the lip it gives a sheer red tint and moisturizes pretty well.

However, I started to notice why my lips were so blotchy and they became drier after awhile! Usually I exfoliate my lips well before bedtime, then apply some Vaseline, then I do the same thing in the morning. Look at the photo below to see how horrendous the swatch / blotch is. I couldn't believe that's what my lips looked like the whole day at work. Gah!


You might like it:
  • Pretty moisturizing
  • Sweet strawberry smell
  • Gives a sheer hint of color
  • Nice compact packaging + the product's appearance itself (i.e the shimmer)
You might choose to avoid it:
  • Not extremely moisturizing for super chapped lips
  • Transfers like crazy
  • Will not last long, needs to be reapplied every now and then
  • Makes your lips actually WORSE

Bottom line: NO, I will not repurchase at all.

Let me know what you think! x

 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Suggestions? Thoughts? Do share, I would love to hear from you.