Powered by Blogger.

Social Icons

Sleek MakeUP i-Divine Eyeshadow Palette In "Sunset" - Review + Swatches

By 9/03/2013 09:18:00 am ,


Happy Tuesday! :)

It feels so strange this time as I usually post on Monday with my jokes about Mondays and how "awesome" they are, but here I am again after a 3-day weekend, being able to stay away from this office to enjoy myself. It's hard to keep myself from running away but I decided to cheer myself up by writing a review on the Sleek i-Divine Eyeshadow Palette in "Sunset". It's part of their permanent collection, so there's no hurry in getting it before it's gone at all.





PRICE: $9.99 for 12x 1.1g of product

AVAILABILITY: on sleekmakeup.com They do ship internationally with some restrictions but overall you can get your hands on it easily.
Or you can get a limited collection of Sleek on Professional Online Makeup They ship internationally too but the shipping cost is much higher than directly from Sleek online store.

PACKAGING: the same as other standard Sleek products, which I absolutely adore and they live up to the name of being sleek, compact and sturdy.





Now onto the eyeshadows themselves (yay!). This palette comes in 12 shades classified as the colors of the sunset, plus a standard matte black and a funny blue. I do love this color selection as they remind me exactly of sunset while being very wearable and fun to experiment with.







Top row, swatched without primer
Bottom row, swatched without primer


Except for the black, all colors have a shimmery finish. I do find that they all live up to the claim of being very soft, pigmented and easy to blend. The matte black doesn't swatch very beautifully but once applied it's very intense and pigmented. The blue doesn't perform as great as I anticipated as even though it appears to be very vibrant in the pan, once applied it look paler - somewhat muted and not equally intense.

Be aware though as due to being very soft, these colors can create some fall-out. I always tap off the excess and build the colors up slowly so that's not an issue for me.

The most interesting color that caught my eyes is the bright shimmery orange shade. I love using it all over the lid up to the brow bone for quite an "editorial" look, then line the lash line and lower lash line with with a matte deep warm brown to create a contrast between the two finishes.

Overall for $9.99 you clearly get a very well-performing eyeshadow palette that is very pigmented, soft and feels very high-end. This is a nice investment and I strongly recommend on getting Sleek i-Divine palettes - they're the core and cult of the brand that begs to be explored. I love this palette for a warm fall-like look (I always link fall with the red and yellow leaves) and you can step away from the neutral comfort zone without being too bam!-on-your-face :)

You can take the inspiration from this gorgeous look that Sam from Pixiwoo created:






And this is what "Sunset" actually reminds me of :)

I hope you find this review helpful, until next time!


You Might Also Like

0 comments