Powered by Blogger.

Social Icons

August Beauty And Random Favorites

By 8/29/2013 01:47:00 pm

Sooooo, this is the time of the month when all secrets should be revealed (not quite!). I can believe how fast this year is going! Christmas feels like yesterday and now in almost 4 months' time it's Christmas time again, and then a new year. We're all getting older, and I'm not a fan. Anyway let's get into the favorites.



I've been in a serious relationship with this eyeshadow palette Ultra Mattes A2 - Darks from Sleek MakeUP. It contains all matte shades, obviously, very wearable with a nice variety of neutral shades and also dark shades to create smokey looks. I especially love the colors marked with a heart above: a deep teal, a reddish brown, medium brown and a forest green. The green is kinda the wow factor to me and honestly it tempted me into getting the whole palette. NOT disappointed at all. I love using neutral shades on my eyelid with a pop of deep dark color in the lower lash line, or use the green to create a dark green smokey effect. Review and swatches of this particular palette coming soon :)




For lips I've been obsessed with Makeup Academy MUA lipsticks in Bare - a nude with a hint of pink and Number 3 - a vibrant fuchsia-plum (they tend to name their lip products with number rather than names). Apart from the fact that these cost only GBP £1.00 each, these lipsticks are very creamy, smooth and apply like a dream that do not at all cling into dry patches. The staying power is not impressive but the color payoff and how comfortable they are on the lips do wow me. I sometimes mix these two together for a medium pink look.






For my face I'm stepping away from full face of foundation as I'm so tired of finding myself looking like a grease ball. Instead for the past 2 weeks I've been going for only concealer and powder. I do find that it gives sufficient coverage without being cakey and uncomfortable. Also, this loose powder block is huge and I need to use it as much as I can. The powder itself doesn't give much coverage but it's smooth and has a funny smell. The detailed review of the Coty Airspun Loose Powder can be found here.

Finally is the music party, I've gone back to the love of these songs, which are, obviously so amazing :) - Nevermind that's Robin Thicke, I listened to this song awhile back and was in love.




And the newest discovery but I am sure I'm going to enjoy their music from now on, this is just the kind of music that I need at the moment - so powerful yet exotic:






Cheers and welcome September. I should laugh at students now, shouldn't I? :)


You Might Also Like

0 comments