Powered by Blogger.

Social Icons

Le Perfect Palette - Wet n Wild "Comfort Zone" 8-pan Eyeshadow Palette + Swatches

By 8/05/2013 10:27:00 am ,

I feel like not having written again for ages, even though it's been just several days! My life has been quite a mess recently and my job getting much more stressful. However today I break the boredom to write a review on one of my favourite palettes at the moment.

When it comes to neutral eye shadows, I automatically think of browns and greens. And when it comes to affordable products with great quality: all I can think of is Wet n Wild. I actually find that greens and browns work so nice together to create a neutral look with a twist (different from the traditional browns and golds). This palette is almost all I need.

They have 3 permanent 8-pan palettes in Comfort Zone, Blue Had Me At Hello and Petal Pusher, a dozen of trios and limited editions every now and then.

Let's take a look!

PACKAGING:

Comes in a slim plastic black case with clear lid. The overall packaging is quite sturdy and basic, yet I prefer this to huge cardboard ones which contain tiny eye shadow pans. Now look, are you always willing to pay a big amount of money for little product? Of course if the product itself functions well then it's worth it, but I don't at all like bulky packaging, and I always like getting lots of product :)

PRICE: usually $4.99 for 0.03 oz / 8.5 g of product / 8 pans



INGREDIENTS:




I do find it funny that almost every single brand has their description in French! I don't speak it very well but it's always funny to try to read the little script out loud. Maybe using French will give the product a little something exotic and luxurious? Je ne sais pais.. :)
I also like the directions they provide however creativity should reign, unless you wake up with an empty mind and cannot think of any idea for an eye look.




The product itself divides into two columns with two different colour families: browns on the left and greens on the right. This palette contains a nice mixture of colours that complement each other well and help create a variety of looks depending on which colours you use. With 8 colours, the possibility is huge. Notice that all colours are shimmery (in different intensity)




The brown column - swatched without primer

(1) A shimmery pale cream colour, high shine
(2) A light brown with peach undertone
(3) A medium brown
(4) A deep brown with slightly red undertone, contains micro shimmer particles


The green column - swatched without primer

(1) A light shimmery taupe
(2) A light green
(3) A deep forest green with micro gold shimmer particles
(4) A reddish brown with blue / teal duo-chrome

All colours are surprisingly soft and easily blendable. As you can see, the pigmentation is really shocking, the amount of pigment shown above is just 1-2 swipes and that's it, you have a really intense look, but can be sheer down for a more subtle effect. 

However, shade 4 in the brown column and shade 3 in the green are a little stiffer in the pan and create a bit of fall-out, however the pigmentation is great.

The duo chrome one is one hell of an interesting colour, and the pigmentation is out of this world, above is just one swipe and I was in a shock! I'm currently addicted to this colour: apply it intensely on the lids and blend a bit out on the crease, it creates a complete look with a dazzling blue / green on the lids and reddish brown on the crease. You may want to use shade 4 from the brown column to intensify the outer corner and the lower lash lines.

With that being said, I'm so happy to stumble upon this palette, and you get so much for the price. I do have some other palettes from Wet n Wild and I can swear by them for being the best affordable eye shadows out there, if not even being compatible / better than those of higher end brands. I highly recommend this one for a neutral yet interesting palette to have, and with such price you can't go wrong.

I do hope you find this interesting and helpful. Until next time!


You Might Also Like

2 comments