Powered by Blogger.

Social Icons

Illamasqua Summer Sale Haul + Shopping Experience

By 8/26/2013 09:49:00 am



Happy Monday again! Today, in spite of the crazy traffic jams and people going every d--- directions they wanted, here I am safe and sound in my office spending a little time to write about my latest haul - Illamasqua Summer Sale which took place in July I think, but I've just got the package last Tuesday.

The last time their had such gigantic sale was around Christmas time but I didn't get anything (WHY?). This time I decided to make the most of it and ordered several nice things that can be useful on a daily basis.

As determined on my post about the Sale here, I got exactly what I wanted plus the Cream Pigment in Androgen - a nude-y pink-coral shade, which is quite handy as it can be used on eyes, lips and cheeks. The Eyebrow Cake in Stark obviously has too much red tone to it but I figured soon I will dye my hair red, it will be appropriate and also can be a lovely eyeshadow as well. The Powder Foundation is so dark for me but since my shade (140) was out of stock, this can be substituted as a contour shade. I also wanted to get the Sheer Lipgloss in Violate (a sheer blackened green) but sadly it was out of stock also, so I got the Intense Lipgloss in Succubus instead.
I placed my order on July 18th but after over two weeks waiting but my order status didn't change, I contacted their Customer Service and got a hard-to-believe response that their system couldn't recognise my address no sooner than July 23, hence it was shipped on August 2. I have been ordering from lots of other companies without the slightest problem with my address. I am highly dissatisfied with their shipping process as the staff told me they would prioritize my order but it took so long to dispatch only 6 small items. Seriously, taking 16 days to dispatch such a package plus the false hope that the Customer Service gave me are a considerable minus to the overall shopping experience. 

Also it takes so long for your inquiries to be answered. I work in the Customer Service field too, hence I understand how manageable it is to respond to customers in a timely fashion and ship out all order accordingly, especially when you promise to prioritize a particular package. I feel like being not taken seriously. Understanding that the sale season is a busy one, but all customers' inquiries should be considered and fulfilled, especially when they pay to get the products, and I contacted them with the perfectly professional manner.



The products themselves are of course of very high quality and luckily arrived safely as they took time to pack them with those black paper things to avoid possible damage. I of course love all of them and very happy with the package. Finally now I have some Illamasqua products that I had been lusting after for awhile without breaking the bank: £88.00 value for £32.00 (plus £9.00 Shipping & Handling)

Overall I'm happy with the product and will probably order from them again but I do hope that I will not encounter the annoying problem stated above regarding the ordering process. Illamasqua is a nice brand that offers great products and of course I've been their huge fan so I can easily forgive their ineffectiveness to continue to support them. 

I hope you have a fantastic start for the week and hopefully are happy with your Illamasqua products that you got from the sale! :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments