Powered by Blogger.

Social Icons

Sleek MakeUP i-Divine Ultra Mattes V2 - Darks Review + Swatches

By 9/27/2013 01:40:00 pm ,







I've been talking about this particular palette for ages, and it even featured in my August Favorites blog post, but never got round to write an in-dept review about it until now. I got it over a month ago and it was such a brilliant decision as I love this on exceedingly. Ladies and gentlemen, let me introduce you to the Sleek Ultra Mattes V2 - Darks i-Divine! *applause* (oh well!)
\
Please excuse me, the left top shade is called ORBIT

Alike the other i-Divine palette, this one comes in a sleek matte black compact that feels sturdy and has a nice size.

Priced at $9.99 each., you will get 12 shades completely matte vary from neutral colors to some rusty, smokey and vamp-y looking options.










All of the shades swatch nicely except Dune and Pillow Talk being a tad chalky and not as intensely pigmented as the others (also because Dune is close to my natural skin tone). However, they are excellent for blending other colors and being a subtle highlight under the brow bone.

The most significant feature that I must mention about this particular palette is that: they don't appear very impressive in the swatches, but on the actual eyelids (especially over primer) they are intense. Yes you heard that right, they ARE intense, so build up your look slowly will bring the best result.





However, be extra careful as you pick up the shade Noir as it produces quite a lot of fallout. Above I was swatching fast without a primer, so it was a total mess (both on my hand and in the pan below). Pick up only a little, tap off the excess and apply in a dabbing motion will be the hero of the day (anybody Metallica's fan? Hero Of The Day is a song of theirs and I today am wearing their Death Magnetic t-shirt, yeah!)





Ultra Mattes V2 is one of their permanent eyeshadow palettes, so there's no rush getting this one, but I highly recommend getting one for your own, or even for others too. 
All in all I'm just utterly in love with this palette and wish Sleek will give us more options rather than the V1 - Brights as even though bright colors are fun, they are not always practical.

I hope you enjoy this and find it helpful. Until next time!


You Might Also Like

0 comments