Powered by Blogger.

Social Icons

Mani Of The Week - Retro Spontaneous Painting Nails

By 9/09/2013 08:51:00 am

Happy Monday! It's been absolutely ages since the last time I posted about my manicure, which I think last was a peachy pink with black hexagonal glitters. This month is dedicated to green as I was suddenly obsessed with how fresh it looks and also it somewhat symbolizes Christmas IMO. I'm a huge Christmas-obsessed person, just so you know :)

I was trying to create a messy design with black, green, red and shimmery olive-toned gold but turned out it was rubbish, so, during my depression, an idea came to mind and here it is. Doesn't it look fresh? Say that it DOES! :) (just kidding)







It may look complicated but actually it isn't at all. I'm not a professional manicurist, hence everything I do is minimal just to create some not-so-boring look. Here's the steps:

1. Apply a base coat to protect your nails.

2. Apply 1-2 coat of a light green as a base.

3. Apply a deeper and more vibrant green 1/2 on the tip of your nails. The borderline between the two colours doesn't have to be perfect at all as we will cover it with a different colour.

4. Use the brush of your deepest green nail polish, wipe a bit of polish off then paint randomly to cover the borderline mentioned above. Paint as spontaneously as possible, no need to be neat.

5. Apply 1-2 coat of a fast-drying top coat. Don't mind the smearing of the dark green as it actually makes the manicure look much more impressive.

Now that you're done! Prepare to be a cyborg for awhile as it bugs me so much when I'm just finished with a manicure and my nails bang into some object - tada, you're soooo done! I think that the beauty of this manicure lies on the contrast between colours and the somewhat retro and painting-like feels. Please excuse my cuticles, they look ok in person but obviously my camera was trolling me and picking every imperfection! Gah!

I hope you enjoy this week's manicure and can take inspiration from it. I used only cream colours but of course you can mix cream with shimmery / metallic / matte, however you prefer. Until next time! :)


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Suggestions? Thoughts? Do share, I would love to hear from you.