Powered by Blogger.

Social Icons

Makeup Academy MUA - Intense Kisses Lip Gloss In "Lips Are Sealed" And "Sealed With A Kiss" Review + Swatches

By 9/16/2013 11:19:00 am ,



So here come Monday again! Do you hate Mondays? I do, plus the weather has been an absolute disgust lately, with either bombastic rain (I must use this word as if you walk in the rain it will be too painful, especially I was riding my motorbike back to my parents' place in which I usually spend the weekend and that's also where my love is - my makeup collection!) or Sahara-like sunlight. But no pain no gain, here I am again with a new stash of photos of the products that I plan on writing about :)

Let's spend a moment to appreciate the awesomeness of these lipglosses, shall we? The MUA Intense Kisses High Intensity Gloss. I believe these are part of their Kisses (is it?) range which includes a four-toned blusher and bronzer (you can read my in-dept reviews and swatches here and here) due to the distinctive glittery lips on the packaging. This lipgloss range comes in 8 different shades varying from dusty nude pink to intense red in creme, subtle shimmery and shimmery/glittery finishes.


I got two out of 8 in "Lips Are Sealed" and "Sealed With A Kiss" as they are colours that I can see myself reaching to the most.

Kidding aside, do you happen to recall the lines "I send you all my love everyday in a letter, sealed with a kiss"? Good ol' time! It reminds me so much of Jane Austen's novels in which people send each other notes all the time so their servants are always busy fetching notes while their masters are busy commenting on the weather? I just love her subtle sarcasm! :)
 




PACKAGING: I especially love this packaging as it is very sturdy and looks somewhat high-end, and you can clearly see the colour inside without the slightest doubt (the tube is transparent). It has a doe-foot applicator which I much prefer than the brush style. I own several Illamasqua lipglosses which have such brush and it's an absolute pain to use as it can be either too rough or too flimsy. With the doe-foot applicator you can't go wrong and it produces a sufficient amount of product as well.

PRICE AND AVAILABILITY: £2.00 for 5.1 ml of product on their WEBSITE

SMELL: in both of the lipglosses I have, they have a sweet vanilla scent but not at all overpowering. I in fact am very fond of this feature so that's a plus for me.
 


·  Sealed With A Kiss: is a pale dusty rose colour, no shimmer at all.
·  Lips Are Seal: a more vibrant pink with a tiny suggestion of fuchsia and micro gold shimmer (if you look closely) but once applied you can't detect the shimmer.

One swipe and casually applied


One swipe and casually applied

As you can see, the colour payoff is just dazzling, almost full coverage and looks more intense on the lips rather than on the arm I'm using to swatch above. The product itself is creamy, not too thick and not at all sticky (which I love, as I absolutely abhor sticky lipglosses). The doe-foot applicator provides a nice amount of product and you can literally use these intense lipglosses on their own or top off some lipstick for even a much more intense and shiny finish. However it doesn't last very long on my lips, but for the price I think that this is an awesome purchase and worth every (if not more) penny. Highly recommended!

I hope that you find this helpful and informative. Until next time!

You Might Also Like

0 comments