Powered by Blogger.

Social Icons

The Illamasqua I'mperfection Speckled Eyeliner Look Has Landed On My Nails

By 7/08/2013 10:32:00 am ,


Illamasqua I'perfection Campaign Advert

The first manicure post, yay!! :)

As you may have known (in case you have not yet, please look at my About Me section, nothing too interesting but so you know), I'm a HUGE Illamasqua's fan. Their products are my dreams and their adverts are just..... GAAAAAHHH out of this world! There are always something so strange, goth but splendid in their creations that are a deadly magnet.
I was deeply inspired by their speckled eyeliner look featured in their I'MPERFECTION collection several months back. This technique is so fresh and unexpected!
However, as I have no white liquid eyeliner (while their liquid eyeliner - also known as Precision Ink in Scribe costs RRP: £18.00! You can shop here), I'm more dragged towards a more affordable alternative which still captures its spirit. This may look unexciting and quite nothing new, but for me it has a special meaning and feeling. Here comes the result:



The process is painfully simple:

1. Apply your base coat to protect your natural nails.
2. Apply 1-2 coats of plain black polish.
3. Use a dotting tool, dip in pure white nail polish and dot on the tip of the nails.
4. Apply your top coat to seal everything up (I'd prefer a matte top coat, though)

Maybe next time I'll make some minor changes and instead of painting my whole nailbeds black, I'll just paint the tip (like French tip manicure) and on top of a skin-color polish and dot the white over the black and also a little on the base color as illustrated in the eyeliner technique below:


You Might Also Like

0 comments