Powered by Blogger.

Social Icons

L'élégance D'imperfection Nails

By 7/19/2013 05:40:00 pm

Hi everyone, today I'm sharing my newest nail look that I just managed to cover my nails with this morning, deeply inspired my the Illamasqua's Freckled Nail Varnish look, which, again, features in their previous collection I'mperfection. I'm just so deeply impressed with the message they bring:

"Blessed are the cracked, for they shall let in the light."   - Gruocho Marx




However, the shocking fact is: I actually started to paint my nails this style like half a year ago already, even before the collection came out, so I was extremely shock by how similar our concept is!

Back then I was painting my base colour either pale lilac or grey, as they brought a very sophisticated feel to the whole look yet managed to keep it interesting and unique.



Today, instead, I went for a peachy pink polish that I bought ages ago but never got round to use it because I'm not a big fan of pastel nails. Yet today it was improvised with a twist.

Again, the process is really simple as I can never spend much time on doing my nails:

1. Apply a base coat

2. Apply 2-3 coats of a pastel pink color (mine is a cream peachy pink, quite streaky but I managed to even the surface out)

3. Apply the black glitter. 
Actually this is not glitters as they are plain hexagonal black particles in two different sizes. I find it that you can easily achieve similar look by using a dotting tool with black polish, but then it will lack the randomness of the black dots. Or, if your base colour is sheer enough, you can paint one coat of the particle over the base colour and then top it off with another coat of base colour, and finally a coat of black partcles. By this method you can achieve the dimensional look that Illamasqua offers.

4. Apply 1-2 layers of top coat to seal the particles into place.



This look is really similar to the Illamasqua Freckle Nail Polish in Scarce:


Source: temptalia.com
However, it is obvious that in my look, the black particles sit on top of the nails whereas with Scarce contains the particles in big and tiny sizes, which makes it appear to be like an Easter decorative egg. This idea is brilliant, isn't it? That's why I'm such a loyal Illamasqua fan... without having any of their gorgeous products :( . However I'm quite satisfied with my improvision.

You can buy Scare here for £14.50 or at Sephora for $17.00

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Suggestions? Thoughts? Do share, I would love to hear from you.