Powered by Blogger.

Social Icons

Makeup Academy "Undressed" Eyeshadow Palette And The Myth Of Being Urban Decay's "Naked" Dupe

By 7/29/2013 12:51:00 pm ,


Welcome... me back to the blogging schedule! I had a long lazy weekend with so much rain and inevitably - so much time spent on sleeping and doing nonsense as I couldn't really go outside. Instead, I spent time on also taking pictures for my upcoming reviews, which will mostly involve eye shadows as up to now I've just written two reviews about them, the Rimmel Heart Of Gold and Covergirl Tropical Fusion.

Today it's all about the super cliché dupe of the UD's Naked palette. It seems that the Urban Decay Naked 1 and 2 palettes are the most loved and talked-about as a super nice, richly pigmented and versatile neutral colours. However, not everyone can spend $50 on an eye shadow palette, hence the hunt for a perfect dupe.

Makeup Academy MUA - a UK based cosmetics brand is recognised for making the exact dupes for those two palettes. I don't have the UD's and the MUA's Undressed Me Too (the exact dupe for UD's naked 2), therefore I'm gonna just talk about this palette on its own rights. I have this one for awhile now and have had plenty of time playing with it, so below is my honest impression.



PACKAGING:
This comes in a slim black plastic palette, not really flimsy but not sturdy either plus a double-ended doe foot applicator. I find it extra nice that the lid is clear so you can see which one you're grabbing. One new feature is the Mini Master-class on the back of the case. Usually I don't think they're helpful but it's just something nice to look at or even to follow if you're extremely desperate :)

PRICE: GBP £4.00 for 9.6g / 12 pans.

INGREDIENTS:


The shades are the exactly dupes for the UD's Naked palette, I must say (based on other reviews and swatches + photos I've seen). Some may look lighter but it's mainly because of my lighting. The order of the shadows are exactly the same too.




Basically all shades are decently pigmented except the two matte brown shades number 3 and 5. It's quite understandable as mattes are much harder to master than shimmery / metallic ones. They can still be useful as blending colours. Shade 1 is a little weaker than others whereas shade 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9 10 and 12 are very nicely pigmented and soft. Shade 11 are nice too but creates quite a lot of fallout.


All in all, on its own rights, this palette is a decent one that can be of quite a good use. I've been so obsessed with using shade 9 all over the lid and shade 10 on the crease / outside corner and pair them up with shade 1 as brow bone highlight and shade 2 as inner corner highlight. Of course its quality is not as good as the UD one but you do get more than what the price could have offered and a nice palette to carry around.

I hope you find this review helpful and informative. Until next time!  


You Might Also Like

0 comments