Powered by Blogger.

Social Icons

June Beauty And Random Favourites

By 6/30/2014 10:18:00 am ,

It's quite hard to believe that half of the year has gone by already! Yay for the nearness to Christmas yes nay for me getting older (contradiction much?). Today, as usual, I have the menu of June's favourites to share with you all. The month of June was (and still has been) exciting for me since I have a mixture of rediscoveries, new discoveries and a lot of non-beauty thingies as well. So, be prepared, since I have quite a long article this time.

Sleek Antique Blush - I know, right? Another Sleek product featured in my monthly favourite list. It just happened to be the product that used to be on my wishlist, so of course I was über-excited to get and use it. It's such a unique colour judging merely on how it looks on the pan but once applied it turns into a completely different yet beautiful colour. I am just bedazzled to say the least.

E.L.F Blush Brush to apply theBalm Mary-lou Manizer brought me back to the highlighter bandwagon.I used to have a very strong relationship with highlighters, then I got tired of it since I didn't have a suitable brush to highlight exactly where I wanted. When I stumbled across this E.L.F brush I knew I found the perfect brush for this task, so of course I dig out my beloved theBalm highlighter. It is seriously the most stunning I know.

Bourjois Délice de Poudre  bronzer - I know how much I disliked it in my review, but now since my skin is a bit tanner than it was, I thought it was the perfect time to try it again. I however use it very lightly to bronze up my skin otherwise it will look too orange if I accidentally put too much on.

MUA Sealed With A Kiss in conjunction with Revlon Rum Rainsin creates the most beautiful opaque glossy browny pinky nude. I find it especially flattering with a smokey eye look and muted cheeks. All of them are autumn-winter appropriate colors while it's summer here but I wear what I want :)

First non-beauty favourite of this month has to be Maleficent the movie! I went out with my colleagues to watch it on 5th June (I recall) and it was a wonderful experience. I am not a big fan (as a matter of fact since I am totally human though I wish I could be another Marcus Wright *wink wink*) of the plot especially since Aurora is boring and the price is an idiot that does not deserve the final happiness, but Angelina looks fantastic with those cheek bones and shimmery red lips. Spoiler alert: her sobs when she realizes that her wings were taken gave me goosebumps! I had to gasp for her lovely [newly acquired] British accent. Is it just me or such accent makes everyone instantly sexier? I also very much enjoy their official game Maleficent Free Fall (which I have been playing nonstop just like here)

Two Dots is the two outstanding game of this month. It requires us to connect at least two dots (what a shocker!) with each other horizontally or vertically or both. The nice thing about Two Dots is that it presents us small postcards (actually just a photo) evry now and then which you can directly save to your phone. I downloaded it on the first day of June and find it very relaxing. Don't be fool by the simple style!

Last but not least are the songs that I have been absolutely loving this month - Führe Mich (can roughly be translated into Guide Me) by Rammstein. I have never been a fan of this band and the only few songs I enjoy are "Haifisch" and "Amerika" (a truly funny song!) but this time it's different. I was thinking "oh damn, why do I have nothing exciting to listen to?", so I looked for the trailer of Nymphomaniac (wow so relevant, such search!) and was hooked by this song. Even though my German has sadly left me, I still especially love the 2:52 part, the music is simply wonderful! And finally Eluveitie - King because oh shift! it's Eluveitie, people! Their upcoming album Origins will be released this August 01. Can't wait!

You Might Also Like

0 comments