Powered by Blogger.

Social Icons

theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer Highlighter

By 4/25/2014 08:17:00 am ,



Mary-Lou Manizer Highlighter ($24.00 for 8.5g/ 0.3oz - purchase yours HERE) is one of the cult favorite of theBalm - one of the most talked-about product that I had to pick one up in my Hautelook order several months back. The serious retro and cute design melts anyone's heart, and bank account! I cannot stress enough how lovely the packaging is with the mugshot of such a sassy pin-up lady. The compact is made from study plastic, extremely portable with a full size mirror inside for any touch up needs, as if you need to reapply!
Meet Mary-Lou Manizer, a seemingly innocent honey-hued luminizer that catches everybody’s eye. This highlighter, shadow and shimmer diffuses light so your skin looks softer and younger while adding a subtle glow.
However, this creamy feeling highlighter, shadow and shimmer diffuses light leaving skin looking softer and younger - while at the same time adding a subtle glow. Layer it on your lids for luxe-looking lashes, sweep it on your cheeks for a sexy sheen, or use it as an all-over finishing touch before you head out for the day or night. Talc, Oil, and Paraben-free, Mary-Lou Manizer is a lot more than she appears to be!
Ingredients: Mica, Isoeicosane, Polyethylene, Boron Nitrate, Polyisobutene, PTFE, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491)






It is not my usual approach but I have to say that I wholeheartedly agree with the hype: this highlighter knocks my socks off! I have yet to find any other lovely champagne illuminating powder that feels so silky to the touch, "creamy" (which is quite an inappropriate term to describe powder - but when you touch the powder and rub your fingertips together, the product does not fly everywhere but hangs in there like an indescribable pleasure), pigmented and so versatile. 

The champagne tone suits my yellow-toned skin very well and looks so natural, but I have seen other people with different skin tones wear this and they looks glowing. I find this so pigmented that the tiniest amount goes a long way and you can use it on wherever part that craves to be put forward so this is definitely a well paid-off investment. You can either use it intensely as an eyeshadow, or blend out for a sheerer and more subtle highlighting effect. 

I love dusting a little amount on the top of my cheekbones, under the brow bone, on the inner tear-duct area and on my cupid's bow. Be careful though, the intense pigmentation can result in your being so artificially illuminated! 



You Might Also Like

0 comments