Powered by Blogger.

Social Icons

April Beauty, Book And App Favorites

By 4/28/2014 04:06:00 pm ,


This is by no means my first Favorites post, but back then I just threw in a list of the products and the promo pictures of them instead of how they actually look in reality. I spent quite a lot of time finding this beautiful white fabric piece with hand-painted pink flowers on it thinking the picture would turn out to be great, but oh well! Anyway, let's get into this month's worth of favorites. I will also link to all places where you can purchase these products and the reviews I have written about each specific piece so that you can take a further look, or some reading if you please.


1. Real Techniques Expert Face Brush ($8.99 - currently Buy 1, get 1 at 50% off on Ulta) is such a lovely brush for daily foundation application: the tightly packed yet soft bristles allow you to perform such an easy application process and leave a perfectly almost air brush looking finish. I love the design as well and it feels just... right.

2. Makeup Academy Heaven And Earth Palette (£4.00 - purchase yours on MUA) contains 12 warm neutral shimmery shades vary from champagnes, golds and browns. Despite the tiny price tag, the pigmentation is actually quite impressive especially over primer and easy to blend. I just wish it had a black as well for further definition and ease of use.

3. Flormar Mono Eyeshadows (this time especially this color which I believe to be 017, shame on me!) are smooth, pigmented, easy to blend and each compact contains a generous amount of 4g. I am not sure of the brand's distributor since I just have my luck once in awhile in the hunt for more colors. I am planning on writing another review on 3 newly acquired shades, but in the meantime you can check my review on 3 of their mattes here.

4. Sleek Blush By 3 in Sugar ($14.99 - purchase yours on Sleek) is a beautiful blush trio that warms up the skin beautifully with a lovely wash of gorgeousness. I had planned on getting this for ages instead of the popular Lace palette and I am not at all disappointed - read my review here if you fancy knowing more.

5. Barry M Matte Oil Free Foundation (£5.99 - purchase yours on ASOS) has been my base of choice for the past 2 months actually. I am in the shade Nude which is not quite yellow enough but works well on my NC20-25 skin tone. It's light, easy to blend and lasts longer than any of my other foundations. I still have to touch up every 2 hours or so but given the fact that my skin produces an unbelievable amount of excess oil, this foundation is a blessing.

6. Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Mascara ($6.99 - purchase yours on Ulta or any drugstores) is the only mascara that I have been repurchasing tube after tube. Enough said! The only downside is that it seems to dry out quite quickly but with such price point and effect it gives I can accept that.

7. Bourjois Effet 3D Lipgloss (£7.99 - purchase yours on ASOS) in general, I love how shiny, non-sticky and comfortable they are. Mine is in shade 50 Brun Exotic (Exotic Brown) coming with their Bronze Up makeup kit which you can read a review on here.

8. Wet n Wild Color Icon Collection Eyeshadow Set in Petal Pusher ($4.99 - purchase yours on Drugstore) - is there any explanation needed? This is such a beautiful palette that corporates this year's color Radiant Orchid very well. Pigmented, smooth and affordable, Wet n Wild Color Icon eyeshadows are such a pleasure to experiment with.

9. Kabuki Brush (mine is an Embisu one - a Korean brand) - any would do. I never thought I would need a kabuki brush since they seems to be like only regular brushes with a tiny handle, and indeed they are, but I like to use one to buff out my blush whenever I find my application to be a little over the top and to apply a thin layer of powder. I do not think it's an absolute need to possess one, but it's so nice to use!

10. Mansfield Park by Jane Austen ($7.10 - I bought it from Book Depository) no word can describe how much I adore Austen's works: the subtle sarcasm and lovely choices of words immediately bring me back to the past with the Miss Woodhouse and Mr Crawford, etc. I have read all her 6 novels and love them all exceedingly.

11. Toshl Finance (iPhone and Android App - I got mine off iTunes) is an excellent little personal finance management app for such a makeup hoarder like I am! I have tried one in the past which was Monny and it was lovely as well but I just felt something missing. I have only had this app for a short time but I am already impressed with how easy it is to use, the simple yet cute interface and its multiple useful features.

So these are my April's favorites, quite a lot I know. This month has been treating me well and we will have a 5-day holiday starting from this Wednesday (hoorah!). It has been so much fun to gather the things that I love and present to you all. Whoever you are, I wish you a wonderful Monday and take care!

BONUS! My Monday face :D (Yep, literally, but I wish I were this cute)

You Might Also Like

0 comments