Powered by Blogger.

Social Icons

Sleek Blush By 3 - Pink Lemonade

By 6/02/2014 08:13:00 am ,

Yes, this is a Chanel ad with Tilda Swinton, but who doesn't love her countenance?
Sleek Blush By 3 in Pink Lemonade ($14.99 for 17g/ 0.06oz) is one of their two most recent blush palette offerings with the other named CALIFORN.I.A (which includes all three cream colors) launched back in February I believe. This one include two powder blushers and one cream in a handy yet sturdy compact. I love how consistent and distinguishable their packaging is which far exceeds the expectation given the affordable price points. Sleek products are not actually the cheapest available in the market, but for the products' performance and the amount you get, the deal is still very noticeable. When it comes to Sleek blushers, it is like playing Pokémon - Gotta catch them all! Up till now I have acquired 4 out of 8 of the Blush By 3 and written a review on three of them which are Pink Sprint, Pumpkin and Sugar.





This palette, as aforementioned, includes two powder blushers and one cream in the middle which traditionally means an appetite for destruction since the powders will eventually mess the cream up. I have not experienced such though since the powder is very soft and pigmented that it is not required to harshly swirl your brush onto the product to get some pigmentation. All I do is to touch the powder slightly the bristles and build the intensity up if desire. The cream blush can be applied beautifully with both fingers and brush alone or underneath the powder for added dimension. 
  • Icing Sugar: quite pale baby pink with a soft sheen and silvery gold shimmer particles. The glitters can be seen quite strong on the swatch picture below but in reality it does not bother me a whole whole lot. The pigmentation is medium and can be built up easily. 
  • Macaroon: a medium pink with just a very slight glowy (I would say "velvety") finish, nicely pigmented. Due to the pigmentation level I just need a little for each application so there's basically not enough product on my cheeks to make them shiny. The cream is very slippy to the touch yet super easy to blend and looks natural on the skin. 
  • Pink Mint: a reddish-based pink with dense pink fine shimmer, very pigmented, however I am not very fond of it since it does not really suit my coloring. 
As you can very well guess: I am most excited about the cream blush (my first one excluding Illamasqua Cream Pigment in Androgen - which is not a traditional cream blush formula), but to my surprise I like Icing Sugar as well. If you are looking for a mixture of textures to try and not afraid of shimmers, this palette is the one to go, otherwise it can be harmful since the shimmer and glitter are known for accentuating any imperfections and large pores. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Suggestions? Thoughts? Do share, I would love to hear from you.