Powered by Blogger.

Social Icons

May Favourites

By 5/30/2014 08:21:00 am


Lolita Lempicka perfume is the product I am most excited to talk about! I remember having given it a sniff back in March during my little trip to a mall nearby and got obsessed ever since! My purpose actually was to try on the Guerlain's La Petite Robe Noire but I must say I was disappointed. However, this one is one of the most beautiful perfume I ever try, and surprisingly it immediately makes me think of my mother's green tea :) Long story short: I adore this so much even though my go-to note is rose. Warm, sensual and exotic.

I do feel bad for always including Sleek products in my favorite list, but I love their cream blush in Macaroon (the middle shade in the Pink Lemonade palette which I have already written a review here). I just have an on-and-off relationship with cream blushes but this one surely brought me back on track.

The last beauty favorite this month (which are not too many) is the MUA lipstick in the shade Juicy, such a lovely peachy coral shade for this particular season. In fact it looks a little bright on my complexion so I mix it with a little bit of Illamasqua's Lily Rose (which sadly has been discontinued) gloss for a pinker, lusher look. 

This month is the time for Imagine Dragons - I overheard their song Demons on TV (American's Idol, yes yes, I hate the show) but at the time I had no idea what the title was, since I could only vaguely hear "It's where my demons hide". I love the song, such beautiful melodies! Then I tried their album Night Visions only to find an even better one: Radioactive. I am addicted, like, seriously, today alone I have listened to it at least a dozen times, no lie. This ultimately leads to another absolute favorite show at the moment: Hannibal (for some reason Dan Reynolds' voice makes me think of Will Graham). The show is incredibly addictive and has wonderful visuals yet so haunting! I may sound weird for saying this but I have special interest on characters (villains, rather) who are ruthless yet intelligent and look polite, well polished and well respected (like Dr. Lecter played by Mads Mikkelsen). I blame it for my strange dreams lately, so you have my warning. 

So these are basically all my outstanding favorites of the month of May. Not too many but I truly enjoy each of them. I do hope May has been treating you well!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Suggestions? Thoughts? Do share, I would love to hear from you.