Powered by Blogger.

Social Icons

Maybelline Eyestudio Eyeshadow Quad - Spirited Seas

By 5/08/2014 09:09:00 am ,


So I was shopping yesterday and as soon as I saw this quad I knew I had to get it. Maybelline Eyestudio Eyeshadow Quads' formulation is one of my favorites since it is pigmented, smooth and easy to blend. I have them in Sunset Seduction, Irresistibly Ivy and Mad For Mauve, so why wouldn't an addition be welcomed?

This one has quite a funky name - Spirited Seas (?!), which inevitably makes me thinks of mermaids, but we don't have the beautiful unicorn-tears colors (think about all those glistening greens and blues and pearls!). It is unfortunately a discontinued product but you can still snatch one on Amazon for 2.5g/ 0.09oz (roughly the weight of a standard-sized eyeshadow) The product comes in an absolute flimsy plastic small compact yet can be even smaller since I think the space for such rubbish sponge tip applicator is a waste.




The colors, are however quite exciting. Please note that all four shades have a variety of shimmer levels from subtly to full on frosty.
  • Spirited Seas #1: a champagne color, very smooth, nicely pigmented and is perfect for highlighting
  • Spirited Seas #2: a light baby blue which does not swatch excitingly but it can be picked up great with a brush and appear much more vibrantly frosty.
  • Spirited Seas #3: a medium-dark blue, this is the dullest color for me and it is not that great formulation.
  • Spirited Seas #4: a medium brown - the wow factor of the bunch - it is ermahgerdddd pigmented, I was literally in a shock.
They are all super silky smooth, blend nicely, pigmented and can benefit from a little primer. I don't think I will wear the dark blue very often, but the other blue is such a nice shade in combination with the lovely champagne (which I have been using nonstop as a brow bone and inner corner highlight) and the brown is a winning trio that has sneaked its way to my most-reached-for products lately.

You Might Also Like

0 comments