Powered by Blogger.

Social Icons

Lancôme - Mat Miracle 24h Foundation Review

By 11/27/2013 05:04:00 pm ,


So, I was away for almost 2 months (my last post was in the beginning of October, then I hopped in for a post about Illamasqua Christmas collection earlier this month) due to being extremely busy at work and some other issues. Meanwhile I did some shopping and discovered quite a lot of beautiful products that I'm going to write a review on very soon.
Today's the very first foundation post of MaM page - the Lancôme - Mat Miracle 24h Foundation. As you can tell, Lancôme is on the higher price scale when it comes to makeup, but is this particular product worth it?

Firstly, the packaging is undeniably beautiful: matte glass bottle which contains 30ml of product with a gray transparent sturdy plastic cap. I'm happy it comes with a pump also, it makes the process of getting the product out much easier, and it dispenses a reasonable amount of product in one pump.
This foundation is specially formulated for Asian skin, which means it has a distinct yellow undertone. I have the shade O-02, which matches my skin tone quite well.

Here are the most important features of this foundation:
  • Consistency: a little runny
  • Coverage: I'd say it offers light building up to medium coverage without looking cakey. If you have dark circles and blemishes, this foundation is definitely not enough to camouflage those for you, so a concealer is a must.
  • Finish: dries rather quickly to a semi-matte finish and prone to emphasize dry patches, so make sure your skin is properly exfoliated and prepped before applying.
  • Mattifying property: this, sadly, does not keep my shine at bay for long. It looks nice and natural for 2-3 hours, then I'll need to touch up.
So, personally I'm not a huge fan of this foundation. It looks fresh, light and comfortable to wear, but the fact that it does not live up to the 24h claim is an extreme put-off. Also, for the price tag, I'd rather reach for my Revlon Colorstay, which is around $10 (or a little more) and offers better coverage and lasting power as well.

Hope you're all doing well and find this helpful. Until next time!

You Might Also Like

2 comments