Powered by Blogger.

Social Icons

More Lippies Alert: Maybelline Color Sensational Lipsticks In Born With It, Fuchsia Fever and Red Revolution

By 7/22/2013 11:10:00 am ,

Lippies!!! They must be one of my most prominent obsession together with bronzers, eyeshadows, nail polishes, mascaras... what else? Should I make a list? :)

Today it's about Maybelline. It seems I haven't written one about this brand before even though we here in Vietnam use quite a lot of Maybelline and my total holy grail product of theirs is the Maybelline Volum'Express Falsies (the original purple one, not the Flared). The selection is quite poor though, but if you can find vendors who source directly from the US, then it's quite a nice different story.

I decided to pick three: Born With It, Fuchsia Fever and Red Revolution in their Color Sensational collection. There are tons of other colors but I picked these as they are quite a decent choice I gues (see part 2 here)





PACKAGING:

Like other Color Sensational lipsticks, these come in a rectangular shape with a plastic cap that mimics the color inside the tube. Except for the Fuchsia Fever one which comes in a silvery holographic packaging that I believe being part of a limited edition (no idea what the name is though). 

PRICE: $6 - 7 for 0.15 oz / 4.2g of product. I find this pretty fun as the standard weight of a lipstick bullet is 4g whereas these are 4.2g. Just 0.2g more but it still feels like a good buy.

SMELL: faint sweet scent which is impossible for me to explain :)


From left to right: Born With It, Fuchsia Fever and Red Revolution
From left to right: Born With It, Fuchsia Fever and Red Revolution
COLOR AND FINISH:

Born With It: A pale dusty pink with very subtle shimmer. This one is quite sheer so it is required to layer the product to get the maximum opaqueness. It's often talked about as a dupe for MAC's Angel lipstick.

Fuchsia Fever: Bright fuchsia with blue undertone (obviously), very creamy and slick. Use this color moderately and blend it out for a rosy pink look or layer it for extreme electric shock.

Red Revolution: Red with an obvious pink undertone. Absolutely creamy but feels not as slick as the other two. This is kinda a one-swiper and has a light staining effect.

I absolutely adore these as they can be suitable for any occasions: Born With It for a daily look or to be paired with smokey eyes, Fuchsia Fever for a fun color pop and Red revolution for a glamorous pin up look. All in all I am super fond of these and will recommend to anyone.

I hope you find this post helpful and informative. Until next time!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Suggestions? Thoughts? Do share, I would love to hear from you.