Powered by Blogger.

Social Icons

Delicious E.L.F Studio Warm Bronzer, Double-up Dude!

By 7/12/2013 04:16:00 pm ,



To continue the glorious day-of-bronzers, which was started late June - early July, by the glorious... me (b**** please! but if you're interested you can read my two other posts here and here), today's another post about another bronzer that I happen to adore. And by saying bronzers I do not mean this (picture right below, miraculously provided by the good old mother of wisdom Google). Using real bronze dust as a pigment? I can totally see myself doing that (just kidding, don't quote me on that). However, I do wonder who first came up with the term "bronzer" when its main purpose is to bring a tan-without-sunlight look, and sometimes, if possible, also to contour for a more structured face. Now what, Monsieur Bronzer, wanna make me become a cyborg like in Dean Koontz's "One Door Away From Heaven"? But gosh, I love the book and the girl's name Leilani (don't mix it with Milani, please)!




Way TOO off topic now! I've just got this bronzer recently due to Emily Noel's video in which she uses this as an overall dusting bronzer for a tanner nicer look, I was bewitched. It seems everything become so nice and tempting in camera (except my own face), lies! detected.

Have I ever said that I'm also a sucker for everything that have a nice pattern on them? Like I was drawn into the Makeup Academy's Mosaic / Shimmer Kiss Blusher + Bronzer. I do appreciate the extra caress the manufacturers put into these things as producing them as a one-colour block powder is so (I assume) simple, yet putting them into a nice interesting pattern is a thumb-up. Well, I may just have been praising them due to personal preference, but this blog is where I pour all my personal thoughts into, then I guess this is quite an organic process.

PACKAGING: this comes in a standard E.L.F's pressed powder compact, which imitates those of NARS, except the sheer rubber feel to it. Just plain black one with their logo and product's name. It also houses a full-size mirror that I find completely useful. Nothing exciting, eh? But if I just rubbed off the name, maybe tons of people would mistake it for NARS. Well, I'm not a NARS fan anyway, and in an eternity I won't be able to afford a single product from them. Unless they're on sale, like 99% off.

PRICE: $3.00 for 0.43 oz / 12.3 g of product. 
Quite generous I must say, but again, E.L.F is known as an extremely affordable brand (to some extend, as here we can rarely get E.L.F, and once we do, its price must be doubled, sometimes even tripled up. Absolutely mental) 

AVAILABILITY: anywhere E.L.F are sold and on their Website


TEXTURE AND FINISH:
If you're looking for a matte bronzer then this shouldn't be the wisest choice. The powder comes in four different shades that can be used individually or swirled together. All have a shimmery / satin finish that give your cheeks a nice glow, but if you use it as a contour powder then it would look a little off and unnatural. As shown in the swatches below, none is muddy or orangey looking.


All four squares' texture a soft and blend smoothly, however there's a slight variation among them:

(1) A golden brown that is the softest and most opaque shade, nice for an allover sun kiss glow.

(2) A pinkish shade. Alone it can be a nice flush of colour on the cheeks on fairer skin tone, or a pinky shimmery highlighter shade for deeper skin tone as well.

(3) A sheer light golden ivory shade, which I normally use as a typical highlighter.

(4) A deeper, more neutral brown that can be used as a normal bronzer or a contour powder. I find this a bit stiff in the pan.



This compact is quite versatile: you have your allover bronzer, contour shade and highlighter all in one. With a mirror: perfect. The fact that it doesn't come with a brush doesn't bother me much as I don't normally use applicators that are attached to a makeup product. I much prefer using a retractable kabuki brush which I can adjust how loose or stiff the bristles are.

AND... TIME TO DOUBLE UP ALL WE'VE GOT!

What I find interesting is that they perform really well as eye shadow. I use shade (1) in conjunction with the lightest shade (3) sometimes or alone as a nice slightly shimmery neutral base for my brown smokey eyes or just a neutral everyday look. Shade (3) can perform as an inner corner and brow bone highlighter and the two other shades, well, you can use them whatever way you want to, but I generally just use shade (1) and (3) so far as eye shadows and they quite wow me.

Overall, this is not an exceptionally amazing product, but the fact that the design is so interesting and the shades can be of multiple uses, I keep going back to this product and it brings me joy every time. Imagine you have your eye shadows, bronzer, highlighter, blusher (shade 2 for lighter skin tones) and contouring powder is very tempting, isn't it? I indeed am tempted.

I hope that you enjoy this post's humour and informativeness. Until next time!

You Might Also Like

0 comments